Outside Sales Representative
Department: Sales Department
The Outside Sales Representative works closely with customers and inside estimators to promote sales of Structural Metal Fabricators, Inc.’s products and services. Sales Representatives are the first line of contact with all customers and will need to establish and maintain a long-term business relationship with both new and existing customers.
JOB RESPONSIBILITY SUMMARY
- Research and develop prospective potential customers and markets.
- Compiles a list of those prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources. Travels throughout their assigned territory to visit and call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders or communicate.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using product samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
- Prepares weekly reports of business transactions including expense reports, forecasting sheets, itinerary reports, and daily call sheets.
- Works with inside representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date. Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Develops and maintains a positive customer rapport.
- Attends Trade Shows.
- Interacting with customers in troubleshooting problems/issues and supplying technical data support as required. Other duties as assigned by competent authority.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Must possess a self-motivated, self-disciplined, strong work ethic.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must be dependable and reliable as well as trustworthy. Must be flexible and possess the ability to complete tasks unsupervised and meet deadlines.
- Must be Mechanically inclined or have a mechanical background in which they worked with larger truck equipment.
- Must be able to understand, read and speak the English language. Must be able to travel extensively throughout the Northeast region.
Valid Driver’s License; Clean driving record or record that is suitable to the employer’s current insurance carrier, Crane experience a plus. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class B Commercial Driver’s license within 6 months of continuous employment.
- Required: One to five years related sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred: Mechanical background and/or working knowledge of the heavy truck industry.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/HAZARDOUS WORKING CONDITIONS
- Sedentary Work
This job description supersedes all previous job descriptions. The job description is intended to be a tool to describe the primary purpose of the job and the KEY duties and responsibilities. The job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required. Management has the right to add to or change the job responsibilities at any time. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
"*" indicates required fields